Meet the Crew

My photo
Mt. Solon, VA, United States

Sunday, April 1, 2007

The Beginning


This is a new project for me. WOW. My father purchased this beauty in the late 1960's from the original owner. The reason for this purchase was to have a hunting cabin in the woods and there it sat for 30 years. A couple of weekends ago I  asked dad about the Airstream, he gave it to me, with the original title. So I started researching vintage AirStream Campers and fell in love with the idea of owning one of these babys. I towed the Airstream home on 3/18/2007 with very little trouble, I believe this thing was on its original tires due to the fact that they had more cracks than a plumbers convention. so anyway we had to fill one tire, oil up the hitch and away we went.Due to the fact that the tires sat on the ground for so so so long there were flat spots that made the ride home feel like 6.9 on the Richter Scale. Unfortunatly we did not have the camera with us to mark the first day of our adventure, however we did take pics when we got home.

No comments: